Who’s Who at the Marinas
Whether you need boat repairs and maintenance, or a quick break at a local café, you’ll find what you’re after at each of the three marinas. Here are some of the highlights:
- The Havelock Marine fuel stop for Nelson Petroleum Distributors (NPD) is conveniently located for you to fuel up with the highest quality Mobil fuels.
- Open seven days a week, you can relax and refresh at the Slip Inn Café from 8am until late. All day full menu.
- The Havelock ITM Building Centre caters for all building materials, timber and hardware supplies for trade customers and do-it-yourselfers.
- Situated at the Southern end of the Marina, Sounds Shipwright Services provides boat restoration services and can slip up to 75 tonne vessels.
- Formed in 1969, The Pelorus Boating Club welcomes members interested in pleasure boating, yachting, cruising and recreational fishing. The club has a kitchen, lounge, showers, toilets and laundry, as well as secure moorings scattered throughout the Sounds and the D’Urville Island area.
- Richard Clausen Boatbuilders provide boat maintenance, boat surveys and yard facilities, including a shed that allows access to a 35 tonne straddle lift.
- Beach Road Marine is one of the local marine engineers specialising in electrical, mechanical, rigging and generators, and trailer repair.
- Burnsco Marine sells all the marine and motorhome accessories you need, and has been serving New Zealand boaties for more than 100 years.
- Boating Marlborough Ltd offers fully-certified dive tank filling and testing, spear guns and parts, dive gear servicing and repair, and dive clothing and equipment. They also offer mechanical and electrical services on all makes and models of outboard and inboard motors, and undertake mobile and general boat repairs.
- Marine Electrical Solutions Ltd sells, installs and repairs all marine electrical and electronic equipment, such as refrigeration, radios and long range communications, and marine and auto electrical components.
- Waikawa Marine and Rigging Ltd specialises in all aspects of marine and architectural rigging, mast removal, and repairs.
- Marine Engineering Ltd sells outboard and inboard motors, offers internal and external grooming services, provides engineering and electrical services, and supplies boat and trailer accessories and marine products.
- Sounds Marine Services Ltd can meet all boating maintenance requirements, from antifouling to repaints to full refits with a travel lift for up to 35 tonnes.
- The Spinnaker Restaurant has a picture perfect location overlooking the marina on the water’s edge. Enjoy indoor and outdoor dining for a few, for group events, or large meetings.
- After a day on the water, pop into The Jolly Roger for great pub food with incredible views.
- Vinings Shipbrokers Ltd has 17 sales berths in prime locations as well as an office based in Picton Marina.
- The Waikawa Boating Club’s members enjoy the use of over 80 moorings located throughout the Sounds and D’Urville Island. The club has a comprehensive racing programme for competitive yachties, and a restaurant and bar for everyone to enjoy after sailing.
- Elite Refinishing specialises in marine painting, varnishing, and repairs, as well as automotive touch ups, welding and panel repairs.
- Tory Channel Contracting is locally owned and operated. It provides construction and general building services specialising in boat access-only projects. At Picton Marina they also offer slipping, maintenance, design and manufacturing of boats and marine structures.
- Westshore Marine is a traditional boat building service specialising in woodwork and its application to private and commercial marine vessels.