Marlborough Sounds Marinas is committed to preventing harm in our workplaces, acting with integrity, recognising our people, respecting the environment and engaging with our communities.
Our marinas encompass several different kinds of workplaces, with different activities and users. This induction and registration information has been developed to assist contractors meet their obligations and responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and to comply with Marlborough Sounds Marinas core values.
Becoming a registered contractor at Marlborough Sounds Marinas enables you to operate in Picton, Waikawa and/or Havelock marinas, as well as the Hardstand at Waikawa Marina. Please note:
Supplementary to completing this induction, contractors are required to provide the following:
- Any contractors operating in the marinas must complete this Contractor Induction
- Registered contractors receive an annual carpark permit
- Proof of public liability insurance and ship repairer's liability insurance ($2 Million each)
- A copy of your Hazard Register and some indication on how you mitigate your hazards (there is a template here for your use should you require it
- A copy of substances that you usually use
- Payment of $50.00, online at the end of this induction
- Registration numbers of any work vehicles that will be parked in the marina while your company undertakes any work.
Please note that completing this induction online and completing the process online is the quickest way to process your application to work in the marinas. If you are unable to complete the online process, you may send your application and supporting documentation along with payment to:
Marlborough Sounds Marinas
PO Box 111, Picton 7250
Download the Hazardous Materials Register
Download the Hazard Register Template