COVID 19 Important information for Alert Level 4
COVID 19 – 17th August 2021 – Marlborough Sounds Marinas
Tonight’s announcement by the Prime Minister requires that we operate the marinas under Alert Level 4 protocols from midnight Tuesday 17th August. Our utmost priority at this point is protecting our employees, our berth holders, our marina users, and our community from the spread of COVID-19.
From midnight tonight, we as a country will be operating at Level 4, and people are instructed to stay at home. Businesses are closed, except for essential services and lifeline utilities. At Alert Level 4, all types of transport and travel are restricted. This includes recreational boating.
Government advice is as follows:
Everyone must now stay home
From 11:59 pm on Tuesday 17 August, you can only leave home to shop for groceries, access necessary healthcare, get a COVID-19 test, exercise in your local area or go to work if you are working in an Alert Level 4 service, and you cannot work from home. Only make physical contact with those in your household bubble.
Accordingly, from midnight Tuesday 17th August 2021, Picton, Havelock and Waikawa Marinas will be closed until further notice, except to:
- Sounds residents – eg residents of the sounds with limited or no road access
- Businesses providing essential services as defined by the NZ government
- Emergency services
- Existing, known and approved live-aboard tenants in the marinas
The launching ramps in Waikawa, Picton and Havelock marinas will be closed, until further notice except to Sounds Residents and essential businesses, and those returning home.
Ablutions and Rubbish Facilities
- Ablution facilities will be closed off
- At Alert Level 4, all rubbish and recycling facilities are closed, please take your waste with you.
Fuel will continue to be available in all three marinas
Waikawa Hardstand and Travel Lift Operations
The Waikawa Marina hardstand will be closed. No customers or contractors are to work on vessels until further notice. Travel Lift will be available for emergency lifts only.
- All jetties with security gates will be closed 24/7
- Dockwalks and security patrols by our marinas team will continue to operate
- 24/7 CCTV surveillance will be in operation
Living aboard your vessel
You cannot self-isolate or live aboard your vessel in the marina (except if you are already an existing, known and approved live-aboard). We will not approve new live-aboard tenants. We will be monitoring this across our marinas. Should there be any need to escalate, it will become a police matter.
Customer Service Centres
All Marina Customer Service Centres will be closed.
We are open to enquiries by telephone and email, please contact us via these methods:
- General Enquiries / Administration: 03 5203312 | email@example.com
- Waikawa Marina: 03 5203395 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Picton Marina 03 520 3390 | email@example.com
- Havelock Marina 03 5742 366 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Please take extra care of yourself, your families, friends and neighbours at this time.
Your Marlborough Sounds Marinas Team