Support for Sounds Residents following extreme weather event
Following the state of emergency declared in Marlborough and the damage sustained by the roads in the Marlborough Sounds following the heavy rain in July, we would like to offer some support to Sounds Residents who are facing access challenges to get in and out of their properties.
Please note the following offers for the months of August and September 2021.
- Free for the month of August – providing vehicle owners arrange with Marina Manager first and obtain a temporary pass to display in the windscreen.
- Charged at $3 per day for September – again providing vehicle owners arrange with Marina Manager first and obtain a temporary pass to display in the windscreen.
- Short term (under 2 hours) – free for the month of August
- Standard rates to apply to longer than 2-hour stays – this is a function of capacity and ensuring there is room to accommodate those in need. $6 for 4 hours and $15/day
- Standard charges apply from September onwards
Please note all of the above will be provided subject to availability. Havelock Marina is very full at the moment, and there may be times we are unable to provide berths/parks for people. We will also have to review if the situation goes on beyond September as this is getting onto our busy period.
As we are experiencing unusually high demand for berthage, please contact our Havelock Marina manager Steve McKeown on 03 574 2366 or 021 242 9165 before coming and using the marina facilities.
This offer has also been extended to Picton Marina for those Kenepuru Residents using Torea and boating to Picton. If this applies to you please contact Picton Marina manager Mark Woodmore on 03 5203390 to arrange.