Following the announcement of government guidelines for Alert Level 2, recreational boating will be permitted from Thursday the 14th May and we are pleased to be able to re-open all of our marina facilities to recreational vessel owners.
Please note that while we have more freedom to move around and especially to go boating from Thursday, our team here at the marinas need to ensure that we are operating the marinas in line with the government guidelines.
We have developed the following guidelines to keep everyone safe in the marinas:
- If you’re unwell, stay home, and please don’t come into the marinas.
- Keep a 2 metre space between yourself and anyone from outside your bubble.
- Sanitise your hands upon entering any jetties, or prior to using any marina equipment. Hand sanitiser will be provided at the entrance of each facility including all jetties, ablution facilities and pay & display machines. Please ensure you use it.
- Prior to coming into the marina, please log your visit here on our website.
This register will only be used to assist in the event contact tracing is required.
- If you require work to be undertaken on your boat in the marina or Waikawa hardstand, please note that work can only be undertaken by Marlborough Sounds Marinas registered contractors, who have a Covid-19 safe work plan in place. A list of approved Marlborough Sounds Marinas registered contractors is available here.
- Please also note the following:
- All jetties with security gates will remain closed 24/7 and accessible by card only
- Use jetty fingers if required to enable physical distancing on the main jetty walkway.
- Only one customer group will be permitted in the Marina customer Service centres at a time.
- If ablution facilities are in use, please wait outside to maintain physical distancing
- Marinas staff will be sanitising communal areas multiple times per day (Gates, handrails etc) however please use your own, or the provided hand sanitiser frequently.
Stay safe. Reduce Contact, Reduce Risk, Reduce Spread. Please contact us if you have any queries, and check our website for news and updates here: https://marlboroughmarinas.co.nz/news-events/
See you soon!
From the Marlborough Sounds Marinas Team