New Zealand’s Alert Levels are changing, and we are so happy to be able to welcome everyone back into the marinas and to get back out on the water with recreational boating permitted in Alert Level 2.
From Wednesday 8th September, while Auckland remains at Alert Level 4, the rest of New Zealand will move to Alert Level 2.
In line with the government guidelines for Alert Level 2, recreational boating is permitted. However, Alert Level 2 is not life as normal and we still need to play it safe. Please note and adhere to the following guidelines when visiting the marinas:
- If you’re unwell, stay home. Please do not come to the marinas.
- Keep a 2 metre space between yourself and anyone from outside your bubble.
- Use jetty fingers if required to enable physical distancing on the main jetty walkway. We encourage you to wear a face-covering mask while on the jetties.
- Only one customer group will be permitted in the Marina customer Service centre at any given time.
- Customers will be required to wear a face-covering mask while in the marina office.
- If ablution facilities are in use, please wait outside
- Sanitise your hands upon entering any marina facilities or prior to using any marina equipment. Hand sanitising will be provided at the entrance of each marina facilities including jetties, ablution facilities and pay & display machine. Please use it.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow
- Keep track of where you have been
- Use the NZ Covid Tracer app. QR codes are available at the entrance of each jetty
- Alternatively, a contact tracing form is available on our website. Click here
- The Waikawa travel lift and hardstand is open to boat owners who wish to work on their boat. If you require work to be undertaken on your boat in the marina or Waikawa hardstand by a contractor, please refer to your marina office for a list of approved Marlborough Sounds Marina registered contractors with Covid-19 Safe Work Plans.
Stay safe. Reduce Contact, Reduce Risk, Reduce Spread.