- Great opportunity for rewarding casual work in a fast-paced environment
- Potential for progression to permanent reliever part-time work (minimum 60 hours per fortnight)
- Shift work across 24/7 operations; generally 12-hour shifts
- Generous package and good working conditions in a team environment
- Training provided
The Port Services team operates 24/7 to provide a variety of services across Port Marlborough’s shipping and marina precincts. The team is at the centre of port communications, operating Picton Harbour Radio, managing port access and security and providing services to shipping visiting the port, including delivering on-shore logistics for cruise ship visits.
The permanent general roster team is supported by a small pool of permanent relief staff who are guaranteed a minimum of 60 hours work per fortnight. This permanent team are in turn supported by a number of casual staff, some of whom are ‘fully trained’ to undertake all Port Services duties and fill in as needed when there is a gap in the rostered 24/7 Port Services operation. We also have a pool of general Port Services casual staff who undertake a smaller subset of Port Services duties as required on a casual basis.
Due to increases in shipping and general port activity, we’re seeking to increase our pool of ‘fully trained’ casual staff. Our intention is recruit around six additional casual staff, undertake training to bring all through to ‘fully trained’ level, and from that pool of staff, recruit to current vacancies the permanent relief positions (these roles are guaranteed a minimum of 60 hours per fortnight).
Successful applicants for this work will:
- Be physically active
- Be helpful and provide excellent customer service
- Communicate in a clear and courteous way
- Enjoy working in a team and be committed to team outcomes
- Hold a full NZ driver’s licence
- Have basic computer skills, and reasonable literacy and numeracy
- Experience in radio operation, forklift licence, customer service, security operations would assist but full training will be given
Enquires and applications by email please to Port Marlborough Recruitment on firstname.lastname@example.org Applications close Sunday 13 January.