Covid 19 Important Information for Alert Level 3
All regions south of Auckland will move to COVID-19 Alert Level 3 from midnight on Tuesday 31st August at 11:59pm. Government rules under this Alert Level include:
- Stay home. If you are not at work, exercising or getting essentials then you must be at home, the same as at Alert Level 4.
- You can do activities that are local, which you can do safely, and which do not involve interacting with other people, or equipment touched by other people.
- Travel is still restricted, and is only allowed for permitted movement in your local area – e.g. for going to work, shopping, or getting exercise.
- Staying overnight at a batch or holiday home is not permitted
- Recreational boating is not permitted
In line with the above, please note the following guidelines from Marlborough Sounds Marinas
Our marina facilities and launching ramps will remain closed except for
- Sounds Residents
- Registered Marina Contractors with a Covid Safe Work Plan in place
- Commercial operators (as defined by Government)
- Life line utilities and emergency services
If you have been self-isolating in the Sounds and you are heading back home, please contact your marina manager prior to doing so.
Access to jetties & vessel checks
Local customers who wish to undertake quick checks of their vessels (bilge, lines, batteries etc..) are permitted to do so.
- Undertaking major maintenance and fittings is not allowed – (except if undertaken by Registered Marina Contractors with a Covid Safe Work Plan in place
- If you come to the marina, please do not linger or congregate. Practice physical distancing by keeping a 2 metre space between yourself and anyone from outside your bubble.
- Use jetty fingers if required to minimise contact on the main jetty walkway.
- Please bring hand sanitiser with you. Our ablution facilities will remain closed.
- Please wear a face-covering / mask while on the jetties
Non-Marlburian customers can notify marina staff and we can undertake vessel checks on your behalf.
Keep track of where you have been
- Use the NZ Covid Tracer app. QR codes are available at the entrance of each jetty
- Alternatively a contact tracing form is available on the website link
- The Waikawa Marina hardstand will stay locked with padlock keys provided as required to Registered Marina Contractors with a Covid 19 Safe Work Plan in place
- Most commercial boat maintenance operators are intending to resume operations at commencement of Level 3.
- Should you require some boat maintenance done, we strongly recommend for vessels to be towed to and from the boat lift dock by an approved Covid-19 marina contractors.
Ablution and Rubbish Facilities
- Ablution, rubbish and recycling facilities will remain closed off
- Fuel is available in all three marinas
- All jetties with security gates will continue to be closed 24/7 and accessible by card only
- Dock walks by marina staff and security patrols continue to operate multiple times per day
- CCTV surveillance remains in operation 24/7
Living aboard your vessel
- You cannot self-isolate or live aboard your vessel in the marina (except if you are already an existing, known and approved live-aboard).
Customer Service Centre
- Marina Customer Service Centre premises remain closed to customers
- Marlborough Sounds Marina will continue to provide contactless customer service, please by telephone or e-mail: