Waikawa Marina Travel Lift & Maintenance Hardstand:
It’s that time of year when we turn to spreading the word again amongst our Hardstand customers to encourage making early travel lift and hardstand bookings for their vessels. July has been unseasonably busy on the hardstand and if reports from our marina tradesmen and forward travel lift bookings are any indication it’s going to be busy leading up to summer.
Here are a few key pointers and guidelines concerning the hardstand to help make your vessel haul out proceed with no issues and to also help protect our environment.
- Travel lift sling positioning stickers should be attached to vessel hull topsides to indicate lift points. Talk to our Hardstand staff if your vessel doesn’t have these as we have complimentary stickers available and can help affix them to your vessel.
- If your vessel is being slipped turn off auto bilge pumps to ensure no discharge of bilge water occurs on our hardstand or on personnel working under your vessel.
- Remember that only marina hardstand staff may adjust vessel stands and cradles. Adjusting stands yourself could affect your vessel insurance.
- Do not dispose of solvents, paint or any other toxic material into the hardstand drainage system.
- Protect your health by wearing overalls, gloves and mask when removing or applying paint, especially antifoul paint. PPE items can be obtained / purchased through our hardstand staff.
Travel Lift and Hardstand bookings can be made by contacting Waikawa Marina on 03 5203395 or emailing the team on email@example.com
Winter is a great time to get on top of the little things that will make your boating season run smoother. We put a list together of some tips to help you on your way:
New North West Waikawa Marina achieves Resource Consent
We’re really happy to advise that resource consent for extension of Waikawa Marina was granted in June. The consent provides for a new marina of approximately 240 berths, for vessels of up to 30 metres in length. Breakwater construction will…
Marina 2 Marina – September 9th
We are delighted to support this fantastic community event now in it’s sixth year! The Marina 2 Marina event is held annually and begins at the Coathanger Bridge (Picton Marina side) with a range of course options. What are the…
All Wrapped Up
Elite Boat Builders & Refinishing Limited Based at Waikawa Marina, Sarah and Vaughan Hall provide marine services to marina customers and boat owners on the Waikawa Marine centre hardstand, and in their own travel lift accessible building located at the…