Waikawa Marina Travel Lift & Maintenance Hardstand:
It’s that time of year when we turn to spreading the word again amongst our Hardstand customers to encourage making early travel lift and hardstand bookings for their vessels. July has been unseasonably busy on the hardstand and if reports from our marina tradesmen and forward travel lift bookings are any indication it’s going to be busy leading up to summer.
Here are a few key pointers and guidelines concerning the hardstand to help make your vessel haul out proceed with no issues and to also help protect our environment.
- Travel lift sling positioning stickers should be attached to vessel hull topsides to indicate lift points. Talk to our Hardstand staff if your vessel doesn’t have these as we have complimentary stickers available and can help affix them to your vessel.
- If your vessel is being slipped turn off auto bilge pumps to ensure no discharge of bilge water occurs on our hardstand or on personnel working under your vessel.
- Remember that only marina hardstand staff may adjust vessel stands and cradles. Adjusting stands yourself could affect your vessel insurance.
- Do not dispose of solvents, paint or any other toxic material into the hardstand drainage system.
- Protect your health by wearing overalls, gloves and mask when removing or applying paint, especially antifoul paint. PPE items can be obtained / purchased through our hardstand staff.
Travel Lift and Hardstand bookings can be made by contacting Waikawa Marina on 03 5203395 or emailing the team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Picton named 3rd best cruise destination in Australasia
We were delighted to hear that this year Picton was named in the top three best cruise destinations in Australasia.The annual Trip Advisor “Cruise Critic’s Cruisers Choice Awards” for the 2016/2017 season reported that Picton has secured a coveted…
Waikawa Travel Lift & Hardstand
Waikawa Marina Travel Lift & Maintenance Hardstand: It’s that time of year when we turn to spreading the word again amongst our Hardstand customers to encourage making early travel lift and hardstand bookings for their vessels. July has been unseasonably…
Standard of Mooring Lines
The responsibility for ensuring that your vessel is secured with mooring lines of adequate size and strength, plus for ensuring that lines are kept in good order is yours. Substandard lines can endanger your vessel and others. We have…
Best Boating Apps 2017
There are a lot of great boating apps around, and it can be tricky to sort through and decide which ones are relevant. After much discussion, we thought we’d take a moment to list our top 5 handy apps we like…